General Guidelines for News & Opinion Writing
– In your search for content, you may find UVa Today or the Student Activities Calender helpful. Generally, news articles may deal with anything going on around Grounds. Opinion pieces may deal with current events, national news, etc.
– Articles should be 250-750 words in length.
– All articles which contain statistical information, direct quotations, etc. should be submitted with Chicago-style citations. Although these citations may not appear in the published story, they must be included with your submission.
How to Submit
– Articles should be submitted by 10PM the night of their due-date, to email@example.com.
– Articles should be submitted as an email attachment in MS Word format.